Five Chaminade seniors signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) and committed to three Pac-12 athletic programs this afternoon.
- TJ Brock, runs track for Chaminade and is last year’s 100 meter state champion. He also plays both sides of the ball for Eagle football as a wide receiver and defensive back. Next year he will run track for the USC Trojans.
- Tommy Costello, a left-handed pitcher on the Eagle baseball team, will play baseball for the University of Washington.
- Valerie Higgins is a guard on the Southern Section Open Division champion Girls’ Varsity Basketball team. She will play basketball for USC.
- Nick Kahle, catcher for Chaminade baseball will attend the University of Washington and play baseball.
- Blake Rutherford, who plays centerfield on the Chaminade baseball team, will join the UCLA Bruins.
Earlier in the week, Cayman Coughlin signed her NLI to play softball for Colgate University.
Congratulations to our student athletes for their commitment and dedication!
Chaminade softball player, Cayman Coughlin ’16 will officially sign her National Letter of Intent (NLI) on November 11, 2015 to play for Colgate University. She plays third base for the Eagle softball team. Because Chaminade will be closed in observance of Veteran’s Day, family members, teachers, and friends of Coughlin gathered a day early to celebrate the occasion.
For the fifth time in school history, the Chaminade Players present You Can’t Take it With You. The production can be seen live, on the Marilyn Simons Stage of the Tutor Family Center for the Performing Arts on:
- Friday and Saturday, November 13 and 14 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, November 20 and 21 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $11 for students and $16 for adults, and may be purchased online.
This week the Chaminade Middle School Players will bring Singin’ in the Rain to the stage at the Fr. Allen DeLong Center for Arts and Athletics. Performances are on:
- Thursday, November 12 through Saturday, November 14 at 7:01 p.m.
- Sunday, November 15 at 3:31 p.m.
Tickets are $5 and may be purchased online (credit card only) or at the door (cash and check only).
Photo by Dennis Haas
Chaminade moves to the playoffs after a 38-21 victory over Serra in its final regular-season game. The Eagles were awarded an at-large berth and will travel to Corona on Friday, November 13, to face defending Pac-5 champion Corona Centennial High School in the first round.