Dear Chaminade Families,
Classes will resume tomorrow, Wednesday, November, 14. The high school campus with a normal Day 1 schedule, the middle school campus with a special Day 1 schedule beginning with x-block. Due to a lack of access for some of our students, everyone will be allowed to wear the appropriate free dress for the remainder of this week. While campus will be open, we also understand that many of our families are dealing with the logistics of returning to their neighborhoods. We will make accommodations in the classroom as necessary regarding school supplies, textbooks, laptops, and uniforms. Counselors and campus ministers will also be available for students who feel they need emotional and/or spiritual support.
In keeping with normal protocol, if you know your child will be absent, please report that absence to your respective campus. At the high school, please call Candis in the attendance office through our 24-hour hotline (818) 347-0391. At the middle school, please leave a voicemail message with the main office at (818) 363-8127 or call Chantelle in the attendance office at (818) 363-9531 after 7:30 a.m. tomorrow morning.
We will continue our daily monitoring of air quality. The forecast for tomorrow is 78 – moderate. We will modify any outdoor activity with this rating in mind.
If you live in an affected area, you will be receiving an email with links to needed resources.
Please continue to stay safe and pray for all affected communities.
Due to the unpredictable fire conditions, the new flare-ups and road closures, classes are canceled on both Chaminade campuses Tuesday, November 13. All employees not impacted are requested on campus to help prepare for the reopening of school.
We know that some of our families may not be directly affected by the fires and we appreciate your understanding and support of our families who are affected.
Please continue to check the Chaminade website for more information as we proceed cautiously throughout the rest of the week.
We thank you for your compassion and your empathy in this challenging time.
Many of you are asking if school will be in session on Tuesday. In making that decision, we will be guided by AQMD measures of air quality, with special sensitivity to the needs of our Chaminade families, especially those who have been forced to evacuate their homes.
At the moment, AQMD is posting a “moderate” air quality forecast for both campuses on Tuesday. With wind and fire conditions changing quickly, we are monitoring the situation closely. A final announcement on this matter will be communicated to families by 1:00 PM tomorrow on this website.
Dear Chaminade family,
With so much trauma in our area, let us be of one heart and hold on to our hope. Please join me in prayer for those in our Chaminade community who have suffered a significant loss due to the fires:
Today we ask Your blessing and protection for the Chaminade family, especially those directly impacted by the fire. We stand in solidarity with all victims of loss as we struggle to find ways to show others the reason for our hope.
Educating in the Marianist Family Spirit is about creating a “home away from home;” a feeling of “place” that extends the boundaries of our four walls to include our neighbors, our beloved school, and its families. With Family Spirit as our mantra, in God’s name let us pray for and comfort each other during this time of great need.
May we be hope for our families who are stretched and suffering. We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Communication will continue as the overall damages are assessed. Please continue to monitor your emails, the Chaminade website, and social media for updates.
Rob Webb P ’18 ’20
NEW UPDATE: Saturday, November 10 – 11:20 AM
- The Lumos retreat scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 11-13 will be rescheduled. New dates will be communicated when we return to normal operations.
- Chaminade Eagle Regiment will not participate in Saturday’s Band Competition at Trabuco Hills.
- The Chaminade Players’ Saturday performance of The Crucible has been canceled.
- All on-campus athletic events and practices are canceled for Saturday.