Chaminade College Preparatory’s Office of Mission Integration and Ministry invites all Chaminade families to Family Mass and Dinner as we begin Catholic Schools Week, on Sunday, January 28 at 5:00 p.m.
Mass will be held in the Bob Hope Student Center on the West Hills campus. Dinner will immediately follow Mass in the same location. Please click here to RSVP by January 24.
Gift Card Bingo is back at Chaminade’s middle school, and it’s spelled N-A-D-E! Bingo cards were distributed on January 10, and the game runs until Friday, January 19. All proceeds benefit Chaminade College Preparatory. Gift cards donated and cash contributions will be used to raise money for Chaminade Gala’s online and live auctions.
To play, middle school students should bring in gift cards valued at a minimum of $5 each, per NADE square. Cards will be collected at the Student Center during lunch on January 16-19 and X-Block on January 18; cards can be downloaded online.
There are three ways to play to win:
- PLAY: Complete a row, column or diagonal to spell N-A-D-E for Bingo
WIN: A day of free dress on February 8 and one raffle ticket (for prizes*)
- PLAY: Donate $50 in the form of cash, check or gift card(s)
WIN: One week free dress, February 5-9, and one raffle ticket (for prizes*)
- PLAY: Fill all spaces on a N-A-D-E (Bingo) card
WIN: One week of free dress, February 5-9, and two raffle tickets (for prizes*)
- Front of the line lunch pass for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year
- Principal for a Day
- Tickets to Chaminade Laser Tag for you and a friend
- Complimentary tickets to either the Father/Daughter Dance
or Mother-Son Game Night
- Camera, headphones, Razor and more
Earn House Participation Points:
- Houses with a total of 25% participation receive 50 points
- Houses with 50% participation receive 100 points
- Houses with 75% participation receive 150 points
- Houses with 100% participation will receive 200 points
The X-Block with the highest dollar amount collected will win an In-N-Out
Burger lunch on February 8, 2018.
*Grand prize winners will be announced at the middle school assembly on January 22.
Chaminade College Preparatory’s Middle School welcomes speaker and kindness advocate, Houston Kraft, back to the Chatsworth campus for special presentations on Thursday, January 11.
During the day, Kraft will speak with Chaminade’s middle school students, and from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., he will speak with middle school parents. He will help parents to think about character in a new way, while making them laugh, and will share practical tools to help engage teenage children in meaningful and powerful conversations.
Kraft has worked with nearly 500 schools or events nationwide, and spoken with half a million young people about how to make their school and their lives more selfless and compassionate.
The presentation to parents will be held in the Student Center on the Chatsworth campus, and parents are asked to RSVP by Wednesday, January 10.
As the semester ended for Chaminade students on Wednesday, December 20, five football players signed a National Letter of Intent to play NCAA Division I football. These five seniors will go on to play football at the collegiate level after they graduate from Chaminade in 2018:
- Michael Wilson, Stanford University
- Andrew VanBuren, Boise State University
- Jonah Lipel, Harvard University
- Parks Gissinger, Michigan State University
- Dallas Taylor-Cortez, Iowa State University
Ed Croson, Chaminade College Preparatory’s head football coach, has been nominated as 2017 Los Angeles Rams High School Coach of the Year! The Rams will announce the winner on December 31, 2017, when they host the San Francisco 49ers.
Eagle fans have until Friday, December 22 to cast their vote online and help Coach Croson win the award for Coach of the Year.