This is Team 83’s third major award in two tournaments, over the past two weeks. The Excellence Award is given to the team with the best overall performance during the tournament. The team was chosen out of 31 other local middle school teams. Judges specifically cited Team 83 for their:
- Documentation of excellent engineering principles in their notebook
- Providing pictures showing evidence of teamwork.
- Displaying impressive project management in having each member with assigned tasks and roles
- Excellent robot design with unique features like dual-linear slider scissor lift, hanging capabilities and a switch to change from one program to another.
- A robot that performed very well during the competition.
Congratulations Team 83!