Nicole Kuberka ’17 signed her National Letter of Intent today. She will play softball for Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Kasie Kohls ’17 signed her National Letter of Intent on Tuesday, March 7. She will play softball for Denison University in Granville, Ohio.
Five Chaminade seniors signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) and committed to three Pac-12 athletic programs this afternoon.
- TJ Brock, runs track for Chaminade and is last year’s 100 meter state champion. He also plays both sides of the ball for Eagle football as a wide receiver and defensive back. Next year he will run track for the USC Trojans.
- Tommy Costello, a left-handed pitcher on the Eagle baseball team, will play baseball for the University of Washington.
- Valerie Higgins is a guard on the Southern Section Open Division champion Girls’ Varsity Basketball team. She will play basketball for USC.
- Nick Kahle, catcher for Chaminade baseball will attend the University of Washington and play baseball.
- Blake Rutherford, who plays centerfield on the Chaminade baseball team, will join the UCLA Bruins.
Earlier in the week, Cayman Coughlin signed her NLI to play softball for Colgate University.
Congratulations to our student athletes for their commitment and dedication!
Chaminade softball player, Cayman Coughlin ’16 will officially sign her National Letter of Intent (NLI) on November 11, 2015 to play for Colgate University. She plays third base for the Eagle softball team. Because Chaminade will be closed in observance of Veteran’s Day, family members, teachers, and friends of Coughlin gathered a day early to celebrate the occasion.
Left to right: Ryan Griffin ’08, Bobby Paschal ’02, Maria Costa Husband ’92, Kelly Cochran ’05, and Logan Paulsen ’05.
On Friday, February 6, Chaminade College Preparatory inducted five new members into its Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame.
The evening began with a reception outside the Tutor Family Center for the Performing Arts, and inductees were introduced inside the building, on the Marilyn Simons Stage. Honorees included:
- Maria Costa Husband ’92, who played on four Chaminade teams – softball, basketball, volleyball, and soccer. After graduating from Chaminade, Husband received a scholarship to UC Santa Barbara for softball.
- Bobby Paschal ’02, a four-year member of the Eagle’s Varsity baseball team. He received a scholarship to USC, and later transferred to Cal State Northridge. Paschal signed professionally with the Colorado Rockies, and today is an officer with the Los Angeles Police Department.
- Logan Paulsen ’05, who played on the football and soccer teams, and ran track for Chaminade. He went on to play football for UCLA, and was signed by the Washington Redskins as an undrafted free agent. Paulsen is currently a member of the Redskins.
- Kelly Cochran ’05 was an outstanding basketball player for the Eagles. She graduated from Chaminade and played basketball for UC Irvine.
- Ryan Griffin ’08 lettered in football, basketball, and volleyball. He was recruited to play football for Tulane University, and was signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent following the 2013 draft.
Chaminade congratulates the 2015 Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame class!